Hiking in and around Innsbruck
There are many reasons why Innsbruck is called capital oft he Alps: the city is surrounded by a wonderful mountain scenery. Experience the nature of Tyrol, the fascination of the alpine landscape with its diversity of plants, the impressing woods and lush meadows. Experience the feeling of standing at the top of a mountain and enjoying an incredible view. And in one of the many traditional mountain huts you can taste real Tyrolean dishes as the famous sweet Kaiserschmarren.
The Innsbruck mountain hiking program offers the possibility of partecipating in a guided mountain tour without having to make plans, on the spur of the moment. The tours are professionally organised and are accompanied by certificated mountain and hiking guides. The attendance is free of charge, you just need Welcome Card, which you can get free of charge at our reception desk.
Mountain hiking program:
• weekly program with daily changing hiking tours (3 to 4 hours)
• start at 9:00 a.m.
• accompanied by mountain and hiking guides from the Innsbruck Alpine School (ASI)
• suitable also for children older than 8 years and seniors
• held with any weather
• shuttle bus free of charge
• hiking boots and rucksacks available free of charge (limited number)
• your guest card (available at our front desk)
• physical fitness (hikes are appr. 3 to 4 hours)
• climbing experience is not necessary
• weather proof equipment (boots, anorak, rain protection)
• sun protection, food and drinks
• consumption on mountain huts
• cable car and lift tickets
For further information please contact our front desk!
Guided short walks directly from the center
Our tip for all who are not expert hikers and want to try a short hiking tour with a professional guide! Gigi Ahrer makes it possible. Starting from the city center in front of the golden roof in old town, he will take you either to a foto tour to the alpine zoo and Hungerburg or up to the top of Hafelekar. It will be an unforgettable experience!
Bookings on www.goldenroof-hiking.com